Jobs – The Currency of Networking
Please pass on to your friends and colleagues that our website domain now posts jobs related to supply chain in Orange County. Networking and sharing information is important for personal development in any profession, and sharing information about jobs is one of the currencies of personal networking.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS ARE BELOW:(1 POST)
Sr. Buyer Position at JWCE Environmental
- Company Info: JWC Environmental designs, builds and services the world’s most dependable waste shredders and screening systems to help our customers solve challenging waste reduction and recycling applications. With global presence and four decades of experience we work closely with customers to ensure successful projects. We assist customers in the energy, wastewater, recycling, marine and various facility management sectors. JWCE Environmental is located in Santa Ana, CA, off of 405 and 55 highways.
- Sr. Buyer Position Requirements: Responsible for advanced purchasing and supply chain functions, and supply management. Fulfils manufacturing material needs, selects suppliers, administers purchase orders, and negotiates agreements and contracts. Expertly manages outside manufacturing and outside processing activities. Brings advanced skill sets for the benefit of procurement team. Possesses well-rounded knowledge in materials planning, supply chain management, MRB, Inventory, and logistics. Manages the entire business cycle, from solicitation, purchase order placement, confirmation, to invoice payment. Resolves supplier quality issues through negotiation of settlements, on-site support, and development of work plans. Supports new product development and new sales supply requirements.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or Purchasing, or
Technical in a related field which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. Advanced MRP execution knowledge required.
- Desirable: Certificate in Purchasing Management from ISM (CPSM) or APICS (CPIM)
- Experience and Skills:
- 5 + years of experience in supply management.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing and negotiating techniques, principles and concepts.
- Extensive experience in industrial purchasing of castings, machined parts, and other components in the US and the global market. Strong OSM/OSP experience required.
- Demonstrated strong MRP and/or S&OP experience required.
- Knowledge of industry practices, general business operations and policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement.
- General knowledge and ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to purchasing and related areas.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to suppliers, team members, team leaders and top management.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials and services.
- Must be able to read and comprehend, and explain CAD drawings.
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (MS-Office, web databases, and ERP systems)
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, reliable, strong work ethic, dependable team player, positive, constructive attitude.
- Outstanding business etiquette and purchasing ethics.
- Knowledge of products and technologies including current and potential applications.
- Ability to interact with JWC Managers, Directors and VPs to communicate market trends and business concerns.
IF INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION PLEASE CONTACT RaviK@jwce.com